Course Fee: US$450
This workshop discusses plate-fin exchangers and how Xpfe simulates their performance.
After working through exercises and example problems, you will leave this workshop with a firm understanding of how you can use Xpfe to develop models for both axial and crossflow plate-fin exchangers. You will be able to turn exchanger specifications into working models and to evaluate the expected performance.
No prior knowledge of plate-fin geometry is required.
- Geometry, applications, advantages, and limitations of plate-fin exchangers
- Capabilities and limitations of Xpfe
- Process and fluid property specification using Xpfe
- Geometry specification for axial and crossflow exchangers
- Review and interpretation of output reports
Individuals who design, specify, or evaluate the performance of plate-fin exchangers