Heat Exchanger Technology Short Course
Course Fee: US$650
A strong foundation of heat exchanger technology is needed to design and troubleshoot units efficiently. This course presents and then builds upon fundamental principles, as well as reviews the limitations of their application to industrial heat transfer equipment.
Case studies are based on discussions of engineering standards, specifications, and software that is available to evaluate heat exchanger operation. Participants analyze operational problems involving fouling, vibration, and temperature pinch.
- Basic heat transfer principles
- Heat exchanger geometries
- Design methods
- Single-phase and two- phase pressure drop
- Standards and specifications
- Maintenance and repair
- Case studies of operational problems, including fouling, vibration, leakage, and maldistribution
Heat exchanger designers and engineers who are responsible for heat exchanger design and troubleshooting